Hamptons Home Builder Perth
UNDERSTATED OPULENCE AND COASTAL DESIGN CHARM
Drawing its name from the area in Long Island made famous as a playground for the rich and famous of the East Coast in the early 20th Century (it still boasts some of the most expensive homes in the U.S to this day), the Hamptons has now lent its name to a whole style of design and architecture. Given this association with seaside elegance and luxury, it’s no surprise that this distinctive style has become increasingly popular with new home builders in recent years.
Crisp and upmarket but with a laidback seaside feel, Hamptons styling encompasses both interior and exterior design and is characterised by the following features:
- Stone, render and painted weatherboards
- Gable style roofs with large balconies
- A white or soft colour palette inside and out (with smatterings of blues and soft greys)
- Timber wall paneling and dado rails
- Timber floors
- Rooms flooded with natural light
- Detailed internal staircases with feature newel posts
- Shutters and sheer curtains
- Ornate tapware in kitchens and bathrooms combined with feature mirrors and lighting
- Tiling in bathrooms and on splashbacks (pressed metal is popular)
- Marble or stone benchtops
- Beautiful interior pendant lighting
- Fireplace that matched the light fittings
- Country style or shaker style cupboards
- Complimentary landscaping featuring Lilly pilly, pencil pines, magnolias and white picket fencing
- Elegant, soft furnishings in pastel colors incorporating cushions and throw rugs.
Although Long Island definitely isn’t as warm as Perth, weatherboard look homes like these work really well in this climate for a number of reasons. This is why the Hamptons look has become so popular with coastal home builders.
- A modern take on the Hamptons design often features wrap-around porches or deep verandas to shade from the hot summer sun
- Large windows featuring shutters allow in lots of natural light and are also flexible enough to also let in a cooling breeze
- Versatility - as good as they are in the summer months, Hamptons design homes also quickly and easily convert to cozy winter abodes that will keep you warm and comfortable in style during the cooler months
- Contemporary cladding and roofing materials have taken the place of the traditional timber weatherboards and rustic shingles on these cottage home designs, leading to more durable and cost-effective buildings
- It’s classic design features possess a timeless elegance that never goes out of style, yet the relaxed beachy flavour matches perfectly with the laid-back Australian lifestyle desired by many custom home builders
Thinking of embracing this fantastic design trend and building yourself a Hamptons home with all of the style, glamour, versatility and practicality that this entails? As Perth’s leading coastal home builder we have the passion and experience necessary to execute the project right and deliver you exactly what you’re after. Get in touch with us today to find out more.