Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
A person who participates in the Promotion will be bound by these terms and conditions as well as the General Terms and Conditions for Stratco Competitions.
Please read these terms and conditions as well as the General Terms and Conditions for Stratco Competitions carefully.
To the extent of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions will prevail over the General Terms and Conditions for Stratco Competitions.
The Promotion commences 7:30am (AWST) on 9th August 2019 and closes at 4:00pm (AWST) on 25th August 2019 (Promotion Period).
Participation in the Promotion is open to all Australian residents except officers, employees, suppliers, retailers and other contractors of Stratco and its related bodies corporate and members of the immediate families of such persons.
To participate in the Promotion, Participants must during the Promotion Period:
- commit to purchase a DIY Homeline or Outback Patio or Gable Roof Garage and pay a deposit of a minimum value of $1,000.00 (which deposit is received in cleared funds by Stratco); or
- commit to purchase an installed Outback Patio or Gable Roof Garage and pay a minimum deposit of $1,000.00 to the agreed installer (which deposit is received in cleared funds by the agreed installer).
There are two (2) holidays which are being offered to Participants of the Promotion, which will be dependent on the price of the Participant’s qualifying products purchased, or to be purchased, by the Participant as follows:
- The Busselton holiday
This will be the prize available to Participants who commit to a purchase of the minimum value of $2,999.00 for the DIY Homeline or Outback Patio or Gable Roof Garage, or to Participants who commit to purchase an installed Outback Patio or Gable Roof Garage meeting the minimum value of $4,999.00 (subject to all other conditions being complied with).
This prize consists of:
- 2 nights accommodation in a Studio Spa Suite at the Abbey Beach Resort (595 Russell Highway, Busselton WA 6280) with free on-site car parking and access to the pool/sauna/spa/health club (subject to availability by the Abbey Beach Resort). This accommodation is for two (2) people.
- One $50.00 voucher for use at the Atrium Brasserie Restaurant and Bar or Reflections Poolside Café
This Busselton holiday has an estimated value of $450.00.
(hereinafter referred to as the Busselton Holiday)
- The Broome holiday
This will be the prize available to Participants who commit to a purchase of the minimum value of $4,999.00 for the DIY Homeline or Outback Patio or Gable Roof Garage, or to Participants who commit to purchase an installed Outback Patio or Gable Roof Garage meeting the minimum value of $6,999.00 (subject to all other conditions being complied with).
This prize consists of:
- Return economy airfares for two people from Perth to Broome;
- 3 nights accommodation in a King Bed (1 Bedroom with Wi-Fi) Room at the Mantra Frangipani Hotel (15 Millington Road, Cable Beach WA 6726)
The baggage allowance will be set by the airline and be outlined in the documentation provided by Stratco once the Broome Holiday is booked. If the Participant wishes to increase such baggage allowance then this must be organised directly with the airline and paid for by the Participant.
This Broome holiday has an estimated value of $1080.00
(hereinafter referred to as the Broome Holiday)
Exclusions from the Promotion Holidays and Additional Charges
The following are not included in the Promotion Holidays:
- Travel Insurance
- Incidental expenses
- Wi-Fi for the Busselton Holiday
- In-room service costs including but not limited to phone calls, mini bar, pay to order television or movies, room service etc.
- Spending money
- Beverages and meals (other than the $50.00 voucher included in the Busselton Holiday)
- Excess Baggage or other incidental costs relating to the flights
- All other items of a personal nature
Whilst travel insurance is not included in the Promotion Holidays, Stratco recommend that the Participant take out their own travel insurance policy.
Any descriptions provided of the hotels for the Promotion Holidays are based on information currently available at the time of the Promotion commencing and will be subject to change at any time. Whilst every effort will be made by Stracto to ensure that the information provided is correct, Stratco does not guarantee that the information provided by third parties, including the hotels, is true and correct. Any maps provided are not to scale and are provided for information purposes only. The photographs pictured of the hotel rooms are guides only and the room that the Participant is to occupy may not be exactly the same as that pictured.
If the Participant should wish to extend the Busselton Holiday, the Participant must make all arrangements directly with the hotel once the booking has been confirmed by Stratco and the Participant will be liable to pay all additional charges to extend the Busselton Holiday beyond the 2 nights stay.
If the Participant wishes for more than two (2) people to stay at the accommodation for the Busselton Holiday, children may be accommodated at the sole and absolute discretion of the hotel subject to availability and if the hotel is willing to allow children to stay in this accommodation then the cost of extra bedding will be at the Participant’s expense.
If the Participant should wish to extend the Broome Holiday, any changes in flights will incur additional charges of a minimum of $150.00 per person plus any change in the seat price for the chosen date of travel. The Participant will also be responsible to make all arrangements directly with the hotel to extend beyond the 3 nights stay once the booking has been confirmed by Stratco and the Participant will be liable to pay all additional charges to extend the Broome Holiday beyond the 3 nights stay.
Redemption of the Promotion
To redeem the Promotion, Participants must, within 28 days of paying the deposit, advise Stratco of their preferred booking dates during the eligible holiday period as outlined below by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and thereafter provide all information required by Stratco to enable Stratco to book the Holiday on their behalf. If the Participant does not advise Stratco of their preferred booking dates within 28 days of payment of their deposit, or provide the relevant information required, they will no longer be eligible for the Promotion. All bookings must be finalised Whilst the Participant can provide preferred booking dates, this will be subject to availability of flights and accommodation and this will be available on a “first come, first serve” basis. If the Participant’s preferred booking dates are not available, Stratco will advise the Participant and ask them to provide alternative dates. There are a limited number of flights and accommodation available during the eligible holiday period outlined below.
The travel arrangements and services will be provided by Third Party Providers who operate under the standards set by local and Commonwealth authorities, and are suppliers who Stratco believe to be reputable. Stratco will accept booking terms and conditions and limitations of Third Party Providers on behalf of the Participant and will provide all details and travel arrangements to the Participant once the booking of the Holiday has been completed and confirmed. The conditions imposed by third parties, which Stratco will accept on behalf of the Participant, cannot be varied, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of this third party.
Due to the scale of the Promotion, special rooming requests are not available but the Participant can discuss this directly with the hotel, at their own cost, at the time of check-in.
Subject to the exclusions below, the Participant is only permitted to book the Holiday for dates that fall within the eligible holiday period of 1 November 2019 to 30 March 2020, excluding dates which fall within the “blackout periods” being:
- During school holidays (including primary, tertiary and university) in Western Australia (which school holidays are deemed to commence on the Saturday following the last day of the school term); and
- Public holidays that fall within the eligible holiday period, being 1 January (New Year’s Day), 26 January (Australia Day), 25 December (Christmas Day), 26 December (Boxing Day) and any other day, or part-day, declared or prescribed by or under a law of Western Australia to be observed generally within the State of Western Australia, or a region of the State of Western Australia, as a public holiday.
Stratco will not allow for redemption of the Promotion where it appears from the date and serial number of the Tax Invoice provided by the Participant, that the relevant deposit was paid (or received in cleared funds) outside the Promotion Period.
A Participant is only allowed to redeem one Promotion per person.
Cancellations, Alterations and Refunds
In the event that the sale of the qualifying product between the Participant and Stratco is not completed due to circumstances beyond the control of the Participant (including but not limited to Council Approval not being granted), and subject to the Participant’s rights under the Australian Consumer Law and Western Australian Consumer Protection legislation, the $1,000.00 deposit paid by the Buyer to Stratco will only be refundable where the Participant has not redeemed the Promotion, or has otherwise not made any booking through Stratco.
Once Stratco has booked a Promotion Holiday for the Participant, a partial refund of the deposit may be paid to the Participant. The refund will be calculated in Stratco’s sole and absolute discretion by Stratco taking into consideration the products originally purchased and the Promotion Holiday booked, and such other matters as Stratco deems relevant.
Any alterations requested to a Promotion Holiday booked for a Participant will be subject to the acceptance or rejection in Stratco’s sole and absolute discretion. When Stratco permits an alteration, Stratco will be entitled to charge a fee in accordance with any cost incurred by Stratco to make such alteration. No alterations can be made once travel has commenced. Alterations after documents have been issued (i.e. once flights have been booked) may not be possible or may be subject to additional fees imposed by Third Party Providers and such fees will be payable by the Participant. Flight and traveler details for flights cannot be changed once booked.
Refunds will not be offered by Stratco on unused flights or accommodation.
The Holiday Promotions are not redeemable for cash, and cannot be assigned.
If, at any time, circumstances outside of Stratco’s control require Stratco to make changes to the Participant’s travel arrangements, Stratco reserves all rights to cancel or reschedule the Participant’s Promotion Holiday. Stratco will not be liable to the Participant for any loss (including consequential loss) or damage incurred by the Participant as a result of such cancellation or rescheduling of the Promotion Holiday. Where it is necessary to change the hotel where accommodation is to be booked, Stratco reserves the right to substitute such accommodation with accommodation that is of a similar standard to that previously booked.
Stratco is in no way liable or responsible for the services provided by the Third Party Providers.
The Participant acknowledges and agrees that by redeeming the Promotion it will not hold Stratco, its employees or related bodies corporate in any way liable or responsible for any loss, injury, damage to person, property or otherwise in connection with the Promotion Holiday.
If the Participant provides incorrect or incomplete information when redeeming the Promotion Holiday, the Participant will be wholly liable for any and loss or damage incurred as a result. If this results in the Participant not being able to take the Promotion Holiday, Stratco will not refund or rebook the Promotion Holiday.
Participants acknowledge that:
- all information, images or other content in respect of the Promotion posted on Facebook is collected by Stratco and not by Facebook
- the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook
- Participants completely release Facebook in respect of all liability arising from the Promotion
- Stratco is entitled to use all content posted by a Participant in marketing or advertising its products or business.
To the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions will be construed according to and governed by the law of Western Australia, Australia. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in and of Western Australia (where the Promotion is being held) and South Australia (where the head offices of Stratco are located) in relation to any dispute arising under these terms and conditions.
All prices contained throughout these terms and conditions are GST inclusive unless stated otherwise.
In these terms and conditions unless the context otherwise requires:
- AWST means Australian Western Standard Time
- DIY Homeline means a flat or gable roof patio structure, including Cooldek variants, from the Stratco Homeline range sold as a do it yourself kit.
- Gable Roof Garage means a fully enclosed, partially enclosed of fully open gable roof garage including ‘garaport’ options from the Stratco Garage range sold as a do it yourself kit.
- General Terms and Conditions for Stratco Competitions means the general terms and conditions of entry into Stratco competitions generally published by Stratco on the Competition Page or elsewhere on the Stratco Website from time to time, as they apply to this Promotion, and where the term “Entrant” is used this will mean the “Participant”.
- DIY Outback Patio means a flat, gable or opening roof structure, including Cooldek variants, from the Stratco Outback range sold as a do it yourself kit.
- Participant means a participant in the Promotion and who is eligible to participate in this Promotion in accordance with these terms and conditions and the General Terms and Conditions
- Promotion means the “STRATCO 2019 PERTH HOME SHOW HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY PROMOTION” promoted by Stratco at the Perth Home Show held between the 9th to 11th of August 2019, or elsewhere on the Stratco Website, in Stratco catalogues, and on digital and social platforms
- Promotion Holiday or Promotion Holidays means the Busselton Holiday and the Broome Holiday which a Participant can be awarded as set out in these terms and conditions
- Stratco means Stratco Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 007 893 781 and its related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001)
- Stratco Facebook Page means www.facebook.com/stratco
- Stratco Website means the website at stratco.com.au
- Third Party Providers means any third party provider who providers services to Stratco on behalf of the Participant including but not limited to airlines, hotels and restaurants which Stratco will engage to arrange the Participant’s Promotion Holiday.